I’ve found a few interesting immigrants living in Dublin in 1911 thanks to the great National Archive of Ireland (NAI) census website.
– A Swedish ‘Masseur’ by the name of Kent Magnus Lindeberg living with his Scottish wife and Dublin born daughter in 19 Upper Leeson Street.
– Norweigian born Carl Ludwig Dybing, an Adjutant in the Salvation Army, living with his English wife Clara Dybing in 3 Mountpleasant Parade, Rathmines.
– A 63 year old ‘hairdresser and perfumer’ by the name of Mathias Greiveldinger Prost from Luxembourg who lived with his Cork born wife and six children at 24 St. Stephen’s Green.
– There was only one Dutch person living in Dublin in 1911 and that was Fritz Hintre, a turner, living at 151 Rialto Cottages with his Irish wife and three children.
– There were eight Portuguese, mainly students, living in Dublin and only seven immigrants from Hungary. Three Greeks, none of which had Greek sounding names and seven Danish of at least three were sailors. A sizeable number of 74 Austrians, many of whom were waiters.
I’ll do something on unusual religions tomorrow.